Rural & Metropolitan Physician Associate Programs
University of Minnesota Medical School
As Administrative Director, I partner with the Director and RPAP/MetroPAP team to innovate and operationalize educational programs for medical students to meet the healthcare needs of Minnesotans in underserved rural and metropolitan areas. This involves leading and working collaboratively with RPAP/MetroPAP stakeholders to define overall program strategy, spark program innovation, inspire operational excellence, and engage senior leadership and community faculty in health systems across Minnesota.
- Promote medical education program innovation, employing principles of adult learning, educational technology, and distance learning
- Identify and investigate educational and operational opportunities that align with program mission and maintain relationships with program clinical educators
- Oversee the collection, organization, and efficient application of program performance data, including data on clinical training sites, clinical preceptors, student feedback, and alumni data
- Promote faculty scholarly research efforts including the identification of research opportunities which align with program goals
- Oversee annual operating budget
- Define strategies for student engagement
One of my favorite things about working in higher education is the access to learning. Here are some other professional and service communities that I engage with:
- Teaching with Writing
- Leading on all Levels leadership development cohort
- University of Minnesota Public Engagement Network
- University of Minnesota Project Collaboration and Change Management
- Peer reviewer/copy editor for Reconsidering Development
- Peer reviewer for the Association for the Study of Higher Education conference proposals
- Application reviewer for the Young African Leaders Initiative, Mandela Washington Fellowship
Center for Integrative Leadership
University of Minnesota, Humphrey School of Public Affairs
As program manager, I partnered with the Center’s Executive Director in all operations: center engagement, education, and collaboration, event coordination, research and special projects, and budget management, as well as serving as the administrative manager for a summer fellowship program for young African leaders, the Mandela Washington Fellowship. I supervised graduate research assistants and helped connect students to public impact consulting initiatives. I also taught Integrative Leadership workshops for graduate students and faculty in partnership with the UMN Boreas Leadership Program and also taught integrative leadership and policy in a course for undergraduates and graduate students that is aimed at interdisciplinary solutions for ecosystems health.
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health
University of Minnesota, Medical School
As curriculum coordinator, I consulted with faculty and staff regarding curricular content, methods, design, implementation, and evaluation for courses in graduate medical education for family medicine residents and faculty. I planned a variety of educational activities involving logistics, budget, and speaker management for 24 resident courses each year and two department fellowship programs. I also oversaw the annual updates of program policy manuals and supported department committees.
Interested in more? You can view my full CV here.